A Note about Formatting
- The MS Word version of each lesson handout is the best for people with visual impairments. The Microsoft Word “Read Out Loud” feature provides the most correct reading of mathematics.
- The PDF version is best for printing. It has the cleanest format. It is not fully ADA compliant, so please be careful.
- Review of Arithmetic, Introduction to Fractions, Prime factorization
- Simplifying, Multiplying, and Dividing Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Conclusion of Fractions, Introduction to Decimals
- Operations with Decimals
- Ratios, Proportions, and Percentage
- Exam 1
- Using Percentages
- Geometry Formulas
- Pythagorean Theorem, Sets of Numbers, Variables
- Operations with Signed Numbers
- Algebra Introduction
- Rules for Solving Equations
- Exam 2
- Solving Linear Equations
- Problem Solving and Formulas
- Linear Inequalities, The Coordinate Plane
- Graphing Linear Equations, Intercepts
- Slope, Rates of Change, Equations of Lines
- Functions and Exponents
- Exam 3
- Introduction to Polynomials, Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
- Multiplying Polynomials
- Greatest Common Factor and Factoring by Grouping
- Factoring Trinomials of the Form x^2+bx+c
- Factoring Trinomials of the form ax^2+bx+c
- Special Factoring, Solving Quadratic Equations by Factoring
- Additional Topics in Algebra
- Exam 4
- Course Schedule - 16-Week Face-to-Face
- Course Schedule - 12-Week Online
- Video List - Videos for Foundations of College Algebra
Upon completion of this course, the student can:
- Perform operations on integers and decimals.
- Find the prime factorization and least common multiple of whole numbers.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide, and simplify fractions.
- Simplify ratios and rates, and solve application problems involving proportions.
- Convert between decimals and percents, and calculate percent change.
- Simplify radicals and find decimal approximations.
- Apply common units for length, area, volume, time, currency, or speed.
- Simplify numeric expressions using the order of operations.
- Simplify algebraic expressions.
- Solve linear equations in one variable.
- Solve a formula for a given variable.
- Solve linear inequalities in one variable. Write the solution set, including compound inequalities, in interval notation and set builder notation.
- Identify and plot points in the Cartesian coordinate system.
- Find the slope of a line.
- Graph lines using a table of solutions, slope-intercept form, and intercepts.
- Add, subtract, and multiply polynomials.
- Factor polynomials by factoring common factors, grouping, and special products; and factor general trinomials.
- Simplify rational expressions.
- Solve quadratic equations by factoring.
- Identify and evaluate linear, polynomial, rational, and exponential functions.
- Solve application problems based on the above competencies.
Post a Comment